THE THREE 'L's'



LOVE, LAUGH, LIVE



My parents told me the three most important subjects I needed to learn were the three R's. I should have been suspicious when they told me the subjects were 'riting, reading and 'ritmetic.

Turns out the three R's had one ‘A’ one ‘W’ and one ‘R’. Writing, Reading, and Arithmetic. Right off the bat reading and writing goes out the window. No matter how hard I tried, it just did not add up. That took care of Arithmetic. I was left with one ‘W’, a ‘the’, a curse word and the mother of all questions.

‘What the fuck?’

I think we can do better. Some legacy my parents wanted to leave me. I want to talk to my children not preach to them.

There is an old joke that says, "a dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself."


Maybe but I dream of a world with no borders, where the people of all countries, all races and all religions break bread together everyday three times a day. There is that three again.

I know of a world were the three most important subjects are the three L's, love, laughter and living. Leave your worries at the door and love, laugh and live. However if you prefer
take the day as it is comes, or choose your own favorites. After all who am I to dictate!

armandhamouth




0 comments: